The Bushians....
The Bushians....
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Both Bush blabber on and on.
Both show up wearing Appalachia shirts.
And the more they talked, the worse they sounded.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
OH ok now I know what you're talking about.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Board of Supervisors meeting.
Senor Bush says all those electives aren't needed cuz you only have so many classes they can take, and they need to take the basics.
I think maybe English and 'rhetoric' should be taught for sure, at least how to pronounce it
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
How sad is it to live in an area where "the basics" are good enough if they serve the purpose at that particular moment in time? Has anybody ever heard of, oh, I don't know, thinking about the future??
Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.
While I'm not adverse to opposing the popular notion of 'progress', these people just [censored] me off.
They are quite content living in the past and have no concept of what the future will require.
This is why doing a 'bare bones' renovation in the name of keeping antiquated schools open is completely and totally assinine.
As I have said before, what happens in 25 years when the county's schools are completely and totally outdated (not that they aren't now) and we have no choice but to build new schools?
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
[ QUOTE ]
As I have said before, what happens in 25 years when the county's schools are completely and totally outdated (not that they aren't now) and we have no choice but to build new schools?
[/ QUOTE ]
It may not have a chance to go that far. With poor school conditions and (some) declining test scores, the Commonwealth of Virginia may very well do to Wise County what Kentucky did to all of it's bickering little counties on our border "? Here is $(some amount). You have this time frame to find a suitable place to build ONE county school. If you do not do so, we will do it for you and you will like it. How can you respond to "an offer you cannot refuse?"
Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.
[ QUOTE ]
Both show up wearing Appalachia shirts.
[/ QUOTE ]
Tell me they weren't t-shirts.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Hers was a sweatshirt.
I think his was too, but honestly I was just listening at that point and laughing out loud.
Really, if for no other reason, because he kept repeating himself, they really need to make themselves some notes. If someone speaks before them, then sure add something.
If nothing else, maybe they should act the elective of public speaking.
Some simple rules
1)Make points
2)Don't repeat the same verbage over and over, you lose your ability to make points and it makes the audience feel as if you are trying to 'condition them'.
3)Don't insult your audience
4)Be respectful of different opinions, without attacking them.
Me personally, if I was going before a board and trying to get them to 'do the right thing' (or what I consider the right thing), I wouldn't tell them what they should do and insult them or attack them.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Why, oh why, do you go before the School Board or Board of Supervisors wearing a [censored] T-SHIRT????
Then again, after seeing what Ben Cooper wore to court, I have to say that doesn't surprise me at all.
Sometimes I think my head may explode... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks